The Revival of the Aztrek
In 1993, Reebok launched the Aztrek: an off-road runner that perfectly represented the wildly original and experimental designs of the time. Relaunched 25 years later, the Aztrek’s super-futuristic layers and chunky design embrace the heart of 1990s sneaker style. To celebrate the Aztrek’s return and honor the spirit of the ‘90s-era style it embodies, Reebok has launched a campaign featuring six ‘90s-raised tastemakers for a content series titled “Aztrek: 90s Re-Run.” Featuring the likes of social media sensation Jay Versace, vintage streetwear re-worker Sara Gourlay of Frankie Collective, cult vintage shop owner Kirk Tilton of For All to Envy and more, the campaign was shot on a variety of mediums that champion the Aztrek’s past and celebrate it within the context of contemporary culture and style. Partners of this campaign include:
- Jay Versace – Young humorist and social media phenom who built his name on his hilarious original characters, and recently has received major attention for his on-point ‘90s style.
- Sara Gourlay of Frankie Collective – Creative Director of Frankie Collective, a women’s streetwear label that cuts apart vintage ‘90s gear and sews it back together in new, trend-relevant forms to create custom, one-of-one designs. For her vintage capsule collection, she didn’t just curate – she sewed her own unique pieces.
- Kirk Tilton of For All To Envy – An L.A.-based, vintage fashion institution that began as a shop specializing in hard-to-find ‘90s athletic apparel before moving on to creating its own original clothing.
- Jordan Page – Best known as @VeryAdvanced, Jordan is a retro style expert and streetwear archivist whose memory and knowledge of ‘90s style moments is arguably the best on the internet.
- Josh Matthews and Angie Chavez – Two next-level vintage collectors and curators who are low-key responsible for the explosion of ‘90s looks you’re seeing everywhere.
Alongside the relaunched Aztrek, all individual partner capsule collections will be available to win via a giveaway on Reebok.com – a platform for individuals to recreate their own ‘90s-inspired style. To enter to win, the rules are:
- Be a U.S. resident
- Sign up to win at https://www.reebok.com/us/90s_rerun
- Wait for an e-mail from Reebok – they’ll select six winners at random and let entrants know if they’ve won.
Shop the new Aztrek Fall/Winter styles, available from $90, at Reebok.com.